REA PARTICIPATION SAPPER GAMES 2023.
Introduction. 2023 will be the first year that REA members have been eligible to take part in the Sapper Games. Below is the outline detail required for REA members to compete and represent the REA!
1. Outline. The Field Army’s Sapper Games Instruction has been released. Whilst there is some relevance in the document it shouldn’t be used and neither should the Sapper Games website which does not account for REA participation. For example the REA is only eligible to compete in certain sports, this detail is not in the instruction.
2. General. There are no entry or insurance fees, this is covered by the REA, but to be eligible competitors must be under the age of 69 and be a veteran (insurance criteria). The competition days are the 4th, 5th of July. REA competitors do not need to attend for the 4 days that are advertised. REA competitors can simply turn up, compete and leave or stay around for the evening social events which are taking place on Brompton Barracks (3rd,4th,5th July). But individuals must register as an REA competitor to gain access to the Barracks. If they do not they risk being refused entry – an REA membership card does not grant access to the barracks.
3. Accommodation & Feeding. REA Competitors are to be aware that they are responsible for their own accommodation and feeding arrangements. Food can be purchased from food stalls situated on Great Lines and in Brompton Barracks. There is no accommodation available on Brompton Barracks and Kitchener Barracks does not exist anymore.
4. Participating. Teams will be filled on a first come first served basis. If you have members wish to compete their details are to be emailed to directoropsREA@rhqre.co.uk:
Once details are received individual’s will be notified if they have been successful or unsuccesful in securing a place.
5. To keep informed about the REA involvement in the Sapper Games sign up to https://sappercom.com/forum/general-discussion/sapper-games.
Sapper Games 2023 Sports Locations and Timings
|1||Angling||3||Monk Lake Road,Staplehurst, Marden, TN129BS||4 Jul – 0730hrs|
|2||Cross Country||6||Islingham Farm Road Wainscott Rochester Medway ME3 8BP||4 Jul – 0830hrs|
|3||Sailing||4||Lower Upnor, Rochester, Kent, ME2 4XB||4 Jul – 0830hrs|
|4||Golf||4||High Elms Golf Course High Elms Road, Downe, Kent, BR6 7JL||4 Jul – 0830hrs|
|5||Tennis||3||Frindsbury Tennis Club, Upnor Road, Upnor, ME2 4UX||4 & 5 Jul – 0730hrs|
|6||Squash||5||Top Gym, Chatham station, ME44UG||4 & 5 Jul – 0800hrs|
|7||Badminton||6||Medway Park, Mill Rd, Gillingham ME7 1HF||4 & 5 Jul – 0800hrs|
|8||Football||9||Great lines, Brompton Rd, Gillingham ME7 5HB||4 & 5 Jul – 0830hrs|
|9||Mountain biking||4||Islingham Farm Road Wainscott Rochester Medway ME3 8BP||5 Jul – 0830hrs|
|10||Climbing||4||Unit G15, Baltic Wharf St Peter’s Street Maidstone, ME16 0ST||5 Jul – 0900hrs|
|11||Orienteering||6||Brompton Barracks, ME44UG (Cenotaph)||5 Jul – WBGT Dep|
|12||Road Cycling||7||Cyclopark, Watling, Gravesend, DA11 7NP||5 Jul – 1100hrs|