Foundation Stone Mill Hill – 1962
Margaret Grant sent in these photos of parade to commemorate the laying of the Foundation Stone of the new build at Inglis Barracks, Mill Hill on 31 October 1962, by HRH The Princess Royal, Commandant Controller of the WRAC.
The new buildings included WRAC Company offices, QMs Dept and accommodation blocks. Also a new cookhouse, Junior Ranks Dining Room (Cookhouse) and NAAFI Club (where the stone was placed). New Messes for the RE and WRAC senior ranks were also built, along with a new WRAC Officers’ Mess, on the other side of the barracks near the RE Officers’ Mess.
Home Postal Depot RE – Knightsbridge
Photo sent in by Eugenie Crook
Photo sent in by Sharon Ward
Mill Hill 1960
Photos sent in by AUDREY CROOK (Nee Donovan)
WRAC At Gunsite Camp In 1956
Photo Sent In by Joan Round